As we kick off social health month here at Harvest, we can’t help but feel grateful for all the ways cannabis is good for our social wellness. The relaxing and uplifting effects of marijuana can make it easier to interact with strangers, collaborate in our professional lives and create lasting memories with our friends.
Think about all the times you’ve enjoyed cannabis with great company. Those nights when you sat around in a circle with your besties passing a joint and laughing until you cried. Others when you were guided into deep conversation that opened up life-changing revelations.
Some things are better with friends. Cannabis is one of them.
The majority of people actually seem to prefer consuming cannabis socially. That’s at least true when it comes to millennials. Only about a quarter of millennials smoke alone. The rest prefer to partake in social settings.
With cannabis regulations shifting across the country, it’s easier than ever for millions of people to enjoy cannabis with friends. Ten states in the U.S. now allow recreational consumption of marijuana, with more soon expected to tip the scales in favor of legalizing marijuana.
As social use increases, the creative ways that we can incorporate cannabis into our lives grows as well. Smoking is no longer our only resort. If you live in a recreational state or are a licensed patient in a medicinal state, you can head down to your local dispensary to find a plethora of edible products like:
- Ingredients such as cannabis cooking oils, honeys and sugars to include in your recipes
- Baked goods and treats of all varieties, including brownies, cookies, rice crispy treats, candies and chocolate
- Snack foods like pretzels, popcorn, crackers and more
- Cannabis beverages like cold brew coffee, tea, soda, energy drinks and beer
5 Tasty Cannabis-Infused Beverages
With all the options and growing popularity, people are starting to choose cannabis over of alcohol. This opens the way for THC- and CBD-infused beverages to become the new party favor (at least if you’re on private property in California, Colorado or one of the eight other states with progressive cannabis laws).
If you’re looking to add a little MJ magic to your next get together, here are a few marijuana drink recipes worth whipping up.
1. Berry Grape Splash
This is our own concoction inspired by Baked Bros Syrups. If you’re not familiar with Baked Bros syrups, these THC syrups are available in both indica and sativa strains. Baked Bros provides great dosage guidance so you can concoct beverages that are the right strength for you:
- 1 ml = 5 mg
- 1 tsp = approx. 25 mg
- 1 Tbsp = approx. 75 mg.
- 1 handful of your choice of berries
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of simple syrup
- ½ tablespoon of lime juice
- Splash of soda water
- 1 sprig of mint (optional)
- Baked Bros Grape THC Syrup (choose your strain and your dose)
- Rinse berries thoroughly.
- Blend berries with 2 cups of water and strain well.
- Add in remaining ingredients.
- Shake well and pour over ice. Add mint for a fresh splash of green.
2. Cherry Berry Refresher
- 1 handful fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Baked Bros Cherry THC Syrup (choose your strain and your dose)
- Rinse berries thoroughly.
- Gently muddle (or smash – in layman’s terms) the berries and honey into the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add lemon juice and ice. Shake well.
- Strain into a tall glass of ice. Add sparkling water and stir.
If these look tasty, head over to the Baked Bros. website check out their recipe book. And then head on down to Harvest to pick up some Baked Bros THC Syrups.
3. Bulletproof Cannabis Coffee
Coffee is beverage that people enjoy sharing. And cannabis coffee is becoming quite popular. You can even get marijuana-infused coffee pods for your Keurig. If you prefer to make your own, here’s a simple bulletproof cannabis coffee recipe that’s sure to give you the kick you need.
- 12 oz brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly.
- Add milk, cream, honey, stevia or sugar as preferred.
4. Hot Canna-Buttered Apple Cider
Thanks to the folks at Greenflower for sharing this recipe. They recommend it for fall, but we know some people have a weakness for apple cider all year long.
- 1 ½ cups Applejack or apple brandy
- ¼ cup of (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of canna-butter
- 6 cups of apple cider (or unfiltered apple juice)
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- In a large pot, bring canna-butter, brown sugar and applejack to a simmer over medium heat. Stir frequently, and simmer until the sugar and butter have both melted. Don’t allow the mixture to heat to the point of boiling, just simmering.
- Stir in cider, lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Allow the brew to steep for a few moments before serving. Garnish each cup with sprinkled nutmeg and a cinnamon stick.
5. Cannabis Eggnug
We first shared this recipe as part of the Payton’s Plates edition on the Harvest blog. Even though it’s not the holiday season right now, it’s worthy of adding to your recipe book.
- 6 egg yolks and 6 egg whites, separated
- 3/4 cup HoneyBuzz
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 1 Cup CannaCream
- 6 ounces bourbon (or liquor of choice)
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp beet sugar (better than plain white sugar for your body’s metabolism of cannabinoids)
- Throw the egg yolks into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on high for 3-5 minutes, until they look nice and light.
- Slowly start drizzling in the warm/hot honey and beat until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the half & half, cream, bourbon, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir into a frenzy!
- Place the egg whites into the bowl of the stand mixer and beat until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of beet sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Chill, serve and enjoy.
What You Need to Know About TRYING Cannabis DRINKS
When trying anything new, it’s important to start slowly and sensibly. Canna-beverages are no different. Those with experience recommend trying non-alcoholic cannabis drinks and cocktails first, like the recipes we’ve shared here.
Remember, it’s always more fun to have some buddies around. So, grab some friends, get creative and raise a toast to this miraculous plant that might just have the power to improve wellness in all aspects of our lives.A word to the wise – when you consume marijuana by eating or drinking it, its properties take longer to activate. You want to be sure you give your body enough time to process the THC before tossing back another one. And as always, don’t drink and drive.